Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Spurrier on the TE Depth

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
We've never had the kind of tight ends we have here now. Justice (Cunningham) I think he started his freshman year. He's still here. Buster Anderson and now Jerell Adams is here, and he's a big time talent. Jerell is 6'5" and runs about 4.55. He's impressive. We'll use a lot of two tight end offense, no question about it. We have Kelvin Rainey, a freshman kid here who is a tremendous player too. It's hard to get it to all of them. That's our job as coaches to try and find our best player and try to use all that are ready to play. If you can play a lot of guys, it's tremendous for team morale.

Tight end is my position to watch this season. Rory Anderson, Justice Cunningham and Jerell Adams are all big-time players. Adams and Anderson are more of the big-play threat that a Jared Cook once was for USC, but Cunningham is a solid veteran who excels at the little things.

Even Kelvin Rainey looks like he could play physically this year but they probably won't need him between those three and Drew Owens.

We've never had the kind of tight ends we have here now. Justice (Cunningham) I think he started his freshman year. He's still here. Buster Anderson and now Jerell Adams is here, and he's a big time talent. Jerell is 6'5" and runs about 4.55. He's impressive. We'll use a lot of two tight end offense, no question about it. We have Kelvin Rainey, a freshman kid here who is a tremendous player too. It's hard to get it to all of them. That's our job as coaches to try and find our best player and try to use all that are ready to play. If you can play a lot of guys, it's tremendous for team morale.

Tight end is my position to watch this season. Rory Anderson, Justice Cunningham and Jerell Adams are all big-time players. Adams and Anderson are more of the big-play threat that a Jared Cook once was for USC, but Cunningham is a solid veteran who excels at the little things.

Even Kelvin Rainey looks like he could play physically this year but they probably won't need him between those three and Drew Owens.
I just love spurrier
default_biggrin.png

With TE's like we have now, we almost have more weapons than ANY team can handle, especially with Anderson, Cunningham, Adams or Rainey in the two TE set. Throw the elusive three TE shift package in there and we could really kick some arse.