Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ace, Byrd, Shaq, Kwinton, Moore, Smith. . .

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Young, yes, but also top tier talent. There is not a player I would not want on my receiving core. I really believe the receivers we have this year compliment one another better than any other group of receivers South Carolina has possessed. Just last week SEC wrote an article citing the top ten fastest Wide outs in the South Eastern Conference. Byrd ran a 4.46 and Ace ran a 4.43, according to the article (below). This receiving core fits together like a puzzle piece with depth. Ace is going to be great! If you are overshadowed by a 1,000 yd receiver, and a 1,000 yd healthy running back, opportunity is compromised incredibly. However put an extremely fast possession receiver in Shaq Roland or force a speed receiver, such as Byrd to be overshadowed by a slower safety, you will have a great recipe. Implement this with a young but TALENTED Offensive line, a product of great OL recruiting as Marcus Lattimore draws men within the box, you have a pretty good combination of offense. Connor Shaw will have great targets this year and the only reason you can criticize this receiver core is due to Alshon leaving the program for the League. So we are young . . . so what, last two seasons FRESHMEN have made all the difference of a successful team.

Just because the core is young does not mean the core will not be great. Connor Shaw is the first Quarterback to understand you CAN throw in the flat, make a smart throw, give what the defense offers you. Connor will not force many passes, these receivers demonstrate more aptitude in making space, breaking away from coverage, and creating the big play. Carolina fans should be very optimistic about the receiving core. Unproven will never be demonstrated as a negative at South Carolina. With players like Latty and Clowney tearing up the SEC, unproven should be seen as ominous to opponents rather than fortunate.