Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Do what works for you. It's all about the great outdoors.
That’s exactly right. If you enjoy going slow. Go slow. My parents regularly rode bikes into their 70’s. They were part of a group called the turtles whose motto was ‘if you can’t ride slow, it’s not worth riding’. They would go out and do 20-30 miles ( sometimes more), but all at a very casual pace.

That’s exactly right. If you enjoy going slow. Go slow. My parents regularly rode bikes into their 70’s. They were part of a group called the turtles whose motto was ‘if you can’t ride slow, it’s not worth riding’. They would go out and do 20-30 miles ( sometimes more), but all at a very casual pace.
That's awesome! Unfortunately we lost my mother in law in a bicycle accident (unwitnessed) in north Georgia....they also were in a large club and they loved riding and would probably be riding today! One of the nice things about cycling is that you can pick your pace and can either be social time or fitness time! I have friends that I ride with once in a blue moon and they always come out super strong so I know that they are going to be dragging evenutally and then our conversations can begin! Our area here has so many great places to ride with limited vehicular traffic...It was great to read back through this thread!

What a beautiful day to ride in the Midlands. My 17.2 miles pushed me over the 15,000 mile mark. Grand total now stands at 15,010.2 miles! Next up, 16,000!

🚴‍♂️

Well I've seen a few dead ones on the road but never any live ones until today during my bike ride on Timmerman Trail. The wind was absolutely brutal out there. Gusting at 30-35 mph.

It seemed that no matter which direction I was traveling I was fighting a head wind. Only did 13.7

Attachments

• armadillo.jpg
    armadillo.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 1
What a crappy day here in the Midlands weather wise. I couldn't ride outside so I did 19.7 miles on my stationary bike which put me over the 16k mile mark at 16,014.2

Up next, you know it, 17k miles! 🚴‍♂️

Well yet another milestone to report, this morning's ride of 17.6 put me over the 17,000 mark. Grand total now stands at 17,017.2 miles!

Up next, going for 18k! 🚴‍♂️

There's something to be said for consistency...on a bike, it's usually "man are my 'boys' numb!"
Man, the first half a dozen times I rode I thought the same thing and my butt was as numb as a tree stump. When you start riding those bicycle seats feel like medieval torture devices. lol

Got out there early this morning as I wanted to get a few things done outside around the house. Cut the ride a little shorter than I normally do at 14.1 miles (usually do about 17- 18 miles per trip) but it was enough to push me over the 18,000 mile mark for a grand total of 18,012.9 miles.

Absolutely gorgeous out there this morning. Ah yes, spring time in SC!

🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

I need to get my bike back out on the road. I have only done one 10 mile ride all year so far. I actually did an Ironman back in 2017. Seems like way more than 7 years ago. Back then 50+ mile rides was my norm 1 or 2 times a week. Today I would be doing good to get in 20. I am way out of shape. My wife had triple bypass surgery in Nov. 21. I have spent way less time out running, swimming, and riding since then to spend more time with her.
I am blessed I live right near a 4-lane road that is 10 miles long, with very little traffic. I can ride in the right lane and traffic just goes around me. Never had any issues riding there. I hate to see bikers out on busy roads and 2 lane roads that have a lot of traffic.

I need to get my bike back out on the road. I have only done one 10 mile ride all year so far. I actually did an Ironman back in 2017. Seems like way more than 7 years ago. Back then 50+ mile rides was my norm 1 or 2 times a week. Today I would be doing good to get in 20. I am way out of shape. My wife had triple bypass surgery in Nov. 21. I have spent way less time out running, swimming, and riding since then to spend more time with her.
I am blessed I live right near a 4-lane road that is 10 miles long, with very little traffic. I can ride in the right lane and traffic just goes around me. Never had any issues riding there. I hate to see bikers out on busy roads and 2 lane roads that have a lot of traffic.
Go for it, anything is better than nothing. It's a great time of year to get out and ride. Good luck.

Hope your wife is recovering nicely.