- Former Newberry College head coach is happy to be an assistant
- Coronavirus: Real or imagined threat to the US?
- *** MBB USC (16-10/8-5) vs LSU (18-8/9-4) Game Thread ***
- Olympics on TV have changed dramatically since Miracle on Ice
- Gamecock softball defeats Boston College in extras
- Bryan Edwards has a broken foot, will miss the NFL Combine
- Gamecocks fall in extra innings to Northwestern
- Clemson pitches a shutout, defeats Stony Brook 2-0
- GAMECOCK SOFTBALL OFFICIAL 2020 SEASON THREAD
- ICE To California - Go Pound Sand
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Punter Joseph Charlton'.
Found 1 result
Gamecocks land one of nation’s top punters in Kai Kroeger July 30, 2019 | sportstalk.com Rivals bio 247sports bio USC will lose one of the nation’s top punters after this season in Joseph Charlton. Tuesday the Gamecocks landed the guy who figures to be his replacement. Kai Kroeger (6-3 190) of Lake Forest, IL made his commitment to USC while on an unofficial visit with his mom. The left-footed Kroeger is regarded as one of the top punters in the 2020 class following evaluations by Kohl’s Professional Camps. “Kroeger is very good at rolling out and hitting punts. He is prototypical size and hits the most consistent spiral in the country. He checks off a lot of boxes with regards to work ethic and composure under pressure. He may be the most game ready player in the 2020 class,” is what Kohl’s wrote about Kroeger earlier this year. Kroeger first visited USC in March and returned for a camp in June. It was after that performance Will Muschamp and special teams coach Coleman Hutzler offered Kroeger, becoming the first to do so. He’s also drawn the interest of Penn State, Texas A&M, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Syracuse, LSU and Iowa. “This has been one of the most important choices I’ve had to make in my life, if not the most important and I wouldn’t want to spend my college career anywhere else,” Kroeger said. “I felt at home at South Carolina and it meant a lot that my parents loved it as well. I can’t wait to play under Coach Muschamp and Coach Hutzler.” Kroeger’s commitment gives the Gamecocks 18 counting toward the 2020 class including three transfers from other schools.