Muschamp shares what QB Jake Fromm brings to the table
Oct. 09, 2019
Two things that stand out for Gamecock coach Muschamp about Georgia is QB Jake Fromm and the Bulldogs’ rushing defense.
Muschamp explained what QB Jake Fromm brings to the table.
Muschamp said on the SEC coaches media teleconference Today. “His overall command of what they do, he is an extension of what they want done as coaches. He gets them in the right protection, he goes to the right place and he’s very accurate… he does a fantastic job. I hate to use the word “manage” because the way some people look at that but he does a great job of managing that offense.”
Georgia hasn’t allowed a rushing touchdown all season. Muschamp shows how the Bulldogs have done it.
Muschamp explained. “Their depth, that’s the big thing I see, they are active, their linebackers are active, they play with good effort and their safeties erase a lot of things. I’ve been impressed with them, they establish the line very well, the quality and depth of their talent speaks volumes of what they are able to do.”
Here what else Muschamp said Today on the SEC coaches media teleconference:
- on Jaycee Horn: I think he continues to play well, not a lot of action goes his way. He covers well in man, in the last two games, I’m not sure many balls have been completed against him.
- is that by design or just the way things have gone? I think that’s the way things have gone, it’s tougher to match up guys because of tempo because you don’t want to get caught trying to matchup on one side as teams go tempo.
- on recruiting him: I think it was more it — I don’t know how interested UGA was, I think it was Alabama and Tennessee… I think it’s important to Jaycee regardless of who the opponent is.
- Aaron Sterling: Aaron is a really good football player, he is a smaller guy… plays bigger than he is. We rush him on the inside and he’s done a good job with that… he is willing to do the unselfish things, he is a throwback player.
- On Missouri losing LB Cale Garrett to injury: I didn’t realize that. that’s terrible, I know what Barry Odom thinks of him as a player. What a fantastic player he is, I’m disappointed to hear that. He means a lot to them, I think he’s scored 3 or 4 touchdowns this year. He’s a tough player, sad to hear that news.