Five Gamecocks veterans will most likely be out for spring practice
Jan. 09, 2020, |GCF Staff Report
Gamecocks will be without a set of key veterans through spring practice, Gamecocks coach Will Muschamp announced on Thursday. And one freshman.
The injured players include:
▪ Nick Muse, a projected top tight end who is recovering from a torn ACL.
▪ Dylan Wonnum, starting offensive tackle, who had a genetic hip condition that was fixed surgically.
▪ Tyreek Johnson, reserve defensive lineman who had the same procedure wide receiver OrTre Smtih had to repair a subluxed kneecap.
▪ Kingsley Enagbare, a defensive end who hurt his hip getting cut blocked against Clemson and had to deal with that. Muschap didn’t explicitly say he was out, but did not sound optometrist.
▪ Spencer Eason-Riddle, a reserve linebacker/fullback and special teamer who tore his ACL and waited until after the Sugar Bowl to have surgery.
▪ Signee Mohamed Kaba will all miss the spring. ACL rehab after surgery this offseason.