Will Muschamp’s contract was extended plus a pay hike by three years, coaching staff gets theirs
January 12, 2018
The university’s Board of Trustees approved the contracts for several South Carolina football coaches on Friday.
Will Muschamp’s contract was extended by three years, which makes the life of the deal six years.
The contract will pay Muschamp $4.2 million in Year 1 and $5.2 by Year 6 with a $1.1 million base salary throughout. The buyout starts at $4 million and decreases after each year. It drops to $3.5 million then $3 million and $1 million over the final two years.
Muschamp is also eligible for several incentives, including:
- SEC Championship: $250,000
- Appears in College Football Playoff game: $400,000
- Wins New Year’s 6 bowl: $400,000
- Wins National Championship: $500,000 (maximum)
- SEC Coach of the Year: $50,000
- National Coach of the Year: $100,000
- Academic performance: $100,000 (maximum)
The assistant coaches’ salaries are below:
- Travaris Robinson $1,200,000
- Bryan McClendon $650,000
- Eric Wolford $600,000
- Lance Thompson $550,000
- Dan Werner $500,000
- Coleman Hutztler $470,000
- Bobby Bentley $400,000
- Pat Washington $300,00
- Mike Peterson $300,000
- Kyle Krantz $125,000
- Jeff Dillman $425,000
According to this USA Today item on college football coach salaries, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson is one of the 10 highest-paid assistant coaches in the country.
The total salaries for the Gamecocks assistant coaches is over $5 million, which is also among the highest in the nation.
South Carolina football coaches’ previous salaries
- Travaris Robinson $750,000
- Kurt Roper $700,000
- Bryan McClendon $500,000
- Eric Wolford $500,000
- Lance Thompson $500,000
- Coleman Hutztler $350,000
- Bobby Bentley $300,000
- Pat Washington $200,00
- Mike Peterson $200,000
- Jeff Dillman $400,000