Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with Gamecock Fanatics

South Carolina Gamecocks   vs.    Michigan Wolverines

Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OT commitment Wyatt Campbell recovering from knee surgery

OT Wyatt Campbell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

FeatheredCock

FeatheredCock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 37,195 posts
  • 2782 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Go GameCocks!

OT commitment Wyatt Campbell recovering from knee surgery

December 06, 2017

LUGOFF, S.C. – South Carolina 3-star offensive tackle commitment Wyatt Campbell played his entire senior season at Lugoff-Elgin High School on an injured knee.

The 6-foot-7, 285-pound future Gamecock tore his meniscus in a scrimmage on Aug. 3 against Blythewood, a little less than two months after he committed.

“The last game we played against Darlington, I played the first half and they took me out,” he said. “I was going to play the first-round of the playoffs here against Dreher.”

A trip to the doctor’s office changed that.

The day before the game, Campbell had an MRI. Less than 24 hours later, Campbell’s doctor delivered the news, telling his mom that he was done for the season.

“If I would have gotten something messed up, it would have messed some other stuff up, so my mom called me and said I was done and then I had surgery a couple of weeks after, actually that week,” he said

Campbell, who will enroll at South Carolina in January, continues through the rehab process, which includes a lot of time riding a stationary bike.

“I actually do a lot more upper body stuff than I thought, just keeping myself in shape,” he said. “Planks, sit-ups. … Just calf raises, leg press, just stuff to start building back up some muscle that I lost.”

By the time spring practice rolls around, Campbell should be close to 100 percent, if not all the way back.

“It really doesn’t even hurt me that bad anymore now,” he said. “I still have limits on what I can and can’t do. For the most part, I can do just about anything that I used to.”

According to the 247Sports composite, Campbell is the No. 68 offensive tackle in the Class of 2018. Among prospects from the state of South Carolina, he’s 14th overall.

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

post-2-0-95031200-1507925379.jpg

softbook

softbook

Just Hatched

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • 0 high fives

Achievements

Current mood: None chosen

I's sorry for him, hope it won't happen to him next season

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recruiting, OT Wyatt Campbell