Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with Gamecock Fanatics

South Carolina Gamecocks   vs.    Vanderbilt Commodores

Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

DB Jaycee Horn might see Gamecocks again Saturday

DB Jaycee Horn

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

FeatheredCock

FeatheredCock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 36,482 posts
  • 2749 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Go GameCocks!

DB Jaycee Horn might see Gamecocks again Saturday

Jaycee Horn

DB Jaycee Horn of Alpharetta, GA plans to take in a game this Saturday.  He might head to Alabama for the Arkansas game or he might head to Tennessee to watch the Vols take on USC.  Horn was at USC for the Kentucky game.  He’s also been to Clemson, Tennessee and Auburn for games.  He remains committed to Tennessee but USC, Clemson and others remain hot after him.

“I’m still committed but I’m still going to take my visits,” Horn said.  He’s not yet scheduled official visits and probably won’t take any until after his season.  Only USC and Tennessee are locks for visits.  Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson also are possible for officials.

USC, of course, has been on Horn as long as anybody and Will Muschamp and Travaris Robinson are keeping up their efforts.  And helping their cause was the performance in last week’s win over Arkansas that saw the defense score three touchdowns off turnovers.

“I just like the way they are playing,” Horn said.  “I talk to Coach Muschamp quite a bit and he sends me faxes and stuff about how they play the most freshmen.  Like tonight (Wednesday) he sent me a little list of all the freshmen that played and most of the freshmen were DBs.  It’s pretty fun seeing Jamyest (Williams) out there as a freshman making plays and being a big part of their defense.  That’s a big thing.”

Clemson was later to the party with Horn in terms of making an offer.  That came just last month so the Tigers are playing catch up with him and he was in touch with safeties coach Mickey Conn as well on Wednesday.

“We were basically just talking about the game I’ve got this coming week,” Horn said.  “We’re just getting a better relationship because they just offered me.  I’ve got to get down there some more.  I’m sure Clemson will probably be one of my officials.  They are the reigning national champions.”

Horn admits schools are coming a lot harder at him because of Tennessee’s troubles and the rumors about the coaching staff’s future.  He’s trying to tune out that noise.

“I’m still 100 percent committed,” he said.  “Schools are coming a lot harder.  I’m having a pretty good year and I think that’s one of the reasons they are contacting me more and they are seeing I can play a little bit of safety.  This season I’m playing most safety and playing pretty good so I think that’s been one of the main reasons they are coming a lot harder.  Like I said, I’m still 100 percent committed.  I’m going to wait until the season finishes out and I’ll see where everybody stands.  People can say what they want, I’m not going to do anything, I’m not going to decommit.  I’m not going to jump ship like that.  But I’ll wait until the season ends to see how things play out and move on from there.”

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

post-2-0-95031200-1507925379.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recruiting, DB Jaycee Horn