Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with Gamecock Fanatics

GAMECOCK FOOTBALL - 2017

South Carolina Gamecocks   vs.    North Carolina St. Wolfpack

Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

4-star WR Nolan Groulx has a favorite; more on 5-star prospect KJ Henry

Gamecock recruiting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

FeatheredCock

FeatheredCock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 35,603 posts
  • 2678 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Go GameCocks!

4-star WR Nolan Groulx has a favorite; more on 5-star prospect KJ Henry

August 11, 2017

South Carolina on top

Four-star wide receiver Nolan Groulx lists offers from a handful of Power 5 schools: South Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

The Gamecocks, his favorite among the schools that have offered, hosted him for a visit in late July. While on campus, Groulx caught up with co-offensive coordinator/wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon and running backs coach Bobby Bentley, who serves as his area recruiter.

“[McClendon] said he doesn’t want to just use me in the slot, which I liked a lot,” Groulx said. “Most colleges see me in the slot, which I can see that, but he said he also wants to use me outside, because he thinks I’m versatile enough to do that.

“That’s what I liked a lot, about that. He can see me running jet sweeps and playing slot, playing outside in the SEC. That was big for me.”

Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, Penn State, Texas and Virginia Tech are expressing interest but have yet to offer.

This fall, the 2019 prospect from Hough High School (Cornelius, N.C.) plans to visit both schools in South Carolina.

“I’m not sure of the dates, but I’ll probably be at an early South Carolina game, then a later Clemson game,” Groulx said. “And then I’m going to probably an N.C. State or Wake Forest game.”

As a sophomore at Davidson Day (Davidson, N.C.), Groulx caught 108 passes for 1,853 yards and 24 touchdowns. He also rushed for 7 scores.

According to 247Sports, Groulx is ranked as the No. 35 wide receiver in the Class of 2019.

More 5-star talk

On Thursday morning, SEC Country detailed the interest 5-star defensive end KJ Henry has in South Carolina, one of the five schools that occupy a spot in his lead group.

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Virginia Tech also are in the mix. Henry, a 2018 prospect from West Forsyth High School (Clemmons, N.C.), also shared some specifics about those other four schools.

Alabama: “That’s another school with a 3-4 [defense]. They see me as an outside linebacker. There’s so much to say. One of the best teams in the country every year. Their biggest thing is they’re a little low on numbers, as far as that position. They already had two commit this year. That just shows you the fact that they haven’t had that many people at that position.

“Last year, I don’t think they had any commits, so they’re just trying to reload on that. To be one of the best teams in the country and then have guys they need to have come in and make an impact within the first two years, that’s definitely appealing.”

Clemson: “Just the fact that I like Clemson a lot, they’ve been one of my favorite schools through the whole recruiting process. They haven’t really had to do anything special, except be themselves. Coach [Dabo] Swinney is a great guy. Both of my parents love him a lot, so if they just keep doing them, and they’re good, too.”

Georgia: “I think what sticks out the most about them is the town and stuff; the academics are really good. They just have a really good system for getting guys their degrees as fast as possible, in a very professional way. They keep everything in order and I like that. I think the football team is taking a step up every single year.”

Virginia Tech: “I think coach [Justin] Fuente – it’s weird to say, but the fact that they’re offensive side is picking up, because their defense, in my opinion, has been great the last 10 or so years, however long coach [Bud] Foster’s been there. His credibility speaks for itself. … They’re good with my family as well, so it’s going well.”

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

2pzy5iv.jpg

Adidas

Adidas

Just Hatched

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • 0 high fives

Achievements

Current mood: None chosen

Hope we're nolan favorite

Matt