Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with Gamecock Fanatics

GAMECOCK FOOTBALL - 2017

South Carolina Gamecocks   vs.    North Carolina St. Wolfpack

Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tanner on Holbrook's future (and other topics)

Gamecock sports

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

FeatheredCock

FeatheredCock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 35,244 posts
  • 2623 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Go GameCocks!

Q: If this year’s baseball team doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament – and that would be the second time in three seasons – will Chad Holbrook be back as head coach?

A: I’m not going to answer that, but I’ll tell you that baseball is not any different than any of our other sports in that at the end of the season you always have an evaluation with your coaches. That kind of talk is premature; there’s still a lot of baseball left this season.

Q: When you went from baseball coach to AD in 2012 the model for a move like that was LSU’s Skip Bertman, who, like you, won some College World Series titles before they made him AD. And Skip eventually had to fire his successor, Smoke Laval, before looking to the Midwest for another coach, Paul Mainieri, who led LSU back to a national title. Have you talked with Skip about that stuff recently?

A: I have not talked to him about my job as it relates to our baseball program. I’ve talked to him about the AD role and he’s shared some things with me – some things he did right and some things he did wrong. He shared some important nuggets. He cares about me as a person and the role I’m in and I’m extremely grateful for that.

http://www.postandco...8062aca547.html 

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

2pzy5iv.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Baseball, Gamecock sports