Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with Gamecock Fanatics

South Carolina Gamecocks   vs.    Vanderbilt Commodores

Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gamecocks commitment recruits 4-star DE Joseph Anderson

Gamecock recuiting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

FeatheredCock

FeatheredCock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 36,482 posts
  • 2749 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Go GameCocks!

Gamecocks commitment recruits 4-star DE Joseph Anderson

May 19, 2017

Recruiting a teammate

South Carolina offensive tackle commit Maxwell Iyama makes no bones about it. He wants his teammate, 4-star 2019 defensive end Joseph Anderson, to join him with the Gamecocks.

The linemen are from Siegel High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

“[Iyami is] trying to recruit me,” Anderson said. “He’s trying to get me to join the team at South Carolina.”

Iyama is the No. 44 offensive tackle in the 2018 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. The same service ranks Anderson the No. 7 strong-side defensive end in the 2019 class.

The Gamecocks landed a pledge from Iyama on April 2.

“They’re young. They’re coming up to become a better team. This year, I think they’re going to do pretty good, really good,” Anderson said of the Gamecocks. “They beat a lot of good teams [last] year. I know they’ve got a good coaching staff and Coach [Will] Muschamp is a defensive-minded coach. That’s something I want to be a part of.”

Muschamp already made a favorable impression on Anderson, who is 6-foot-4, 264 pounds.

“He’s a good guy. He’s nice,” Anderson said of Muschamp. “He wants me to play outside linebacker in the 3-4 and D-end.”

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

post-2-0-95031200-1507925379.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recruiting, Gamecock recuiting