Welcome to Gamecock Fanatics
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gamecocks surprise Georgia TE Connor Redmond with offer (2015 prospect video)

TE Connor Redmond

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Featheredcock

Featheredcock

"Don't mess with the feathers"

• Administrators
  • 21,604 posts
  • 642 high fives
  • LocationCayce, SC

Achievements

User's Awards

Garage View Garage
Current mood: Cool

Gamecocks surprise Georgia TE Connor Redmond with offer

03/13/14

Rivals bio

247sports bio

Scouts bio

3 star TE Connor Redmond 6-foot-4, 230 pound  has always liked the SEC. He is from the state of Georgia, he has always watched the SEC on T.V., and his first offer came from a school in that conference Tuesday.
South Carolina got things rolling for Redmond.

"It (South Carolina offer) was a big surprise," said Redmond. "I was sitting in class and my coach sent me a text message about the South Carolina offer. I had not been in contact with them that much, so it was a big surprise to me. My coach told me I need to call them."

The coach that recruits Redmond's area in Georgia is quarterback coach G.A. Mangus. That is who the 6-foot-4, 230 pound tight end spoke to.
"I talked to Coach Mangus and he told me they liked my size, that they liked how I run routes and catch the ball, and how I run. He talked to me about how they use two tight ends and how he thinks I fit very well into their system."

Redmond has not visited Columbia yet, but he plans to soon. He knows about the Gamecocks playing in the SEC, he knows it is not too far from home, and he knows things on the surface, but he looks forward to getting more educated about the university.

The Gamecocks now have Redmond's attention. The three-star out of Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer has been waiting for this moment.

"It felt amazing to get the first offer," said Redmond. "It has always been my dream to play SEC football, so it is a big first offer for me.

"It means a lot to me that South Carolina offered me first when others may have been a little hesitant. I was so excited about when I found out and it makes me want to work even harder."

Redmond is a baseball player and he actually hit a homerun on Tuesday as well. He had a pretty good day.

He has been invited to the South Carolina spring game and he plans to visit Columbia as soon as he can.

Boston College, Georgia, Iowa, and Vanderbilt are schools Redmond has had personal contact with and he gets mail from schools all over.

"Mess with the feathers you'll get the spurs!!'' 

2pzy5iv.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video icon, TE Connor Redmond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users