Login to Account Create an Account
(View All Videos) Toggle Members Videos
View Other Content
- Gamecock Gameday: Carolina Hosts Tennessee On Saturday Afternoon
- #4 South Carolina Gamecocks vs #25 Wright State Raiders: Weekend Pr...
- Gamecock Baseball Falls 6-5 to Kansas State on Thursday
- Gamecock Baseball Hosts Kansas State On Thursday
- Will Muschamp previews South Carolina spring practice With Videos...
Terry Cousins leaves USC for Bucs
“Terry did a great job here,” athletics director Eric Hyman said. “I’m happy for him, but I’m sorry for the athletic department. I think Terry has been absolutely terrific all the way across the board. He’s really, really been great to work with.”
Cousin could not be reached for comment, and Hyman deferred to Cousin to reveal the exact nature of the new job.
South Carolina will hire a new player development director based on a profile established by Hyman, director of academics Raymond Harrison and senior associate athletics director Charles Waddell. Cousin had a 12-year NFL career as a defensive back, but Hyman doesn’t know if being a former pro will be a requirement for the new hire, he said.
“The concept (of the position is to) come in and help our student-athletes in various sports to be able to understand what it takes and be able to progress to be a professional athlete and to be used as a reference and a mentor and also to help student-athletes get career opportunities,” Hyman said.