Login to Account Create an Account
(View All Videos) Toggle Members Videos
View Other Content
Gamecock Travel To Face Tennessee On TuesdayGamecock basketball
Tip time set for 9 p.m. ET vs. the Vols
GCF Staff Report
Feb. 12, 2018
South Carolina at Tennessee
GAME INFO Date: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018 Tipoff: 9 p.m. ET Location: Knoxville, Tenn. Arena: Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678) Broadcast: ESPNU Play-By-Play: Rich Hollenberg Analyst: Debbie Antonelli Series: Tennessee leads 43-27
COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina travels to Knoxville on Tuesday to face No. 18/17 Tennessee. The meeting marks the second between the two schools this season. UT won the first meeting, 70-63, on Jan. 20 in Columbia. Carolina looks for its second-straight win at Thompson-Boling Arena on Tuesday.
- South Carolina’s matchup at Tennessee on Tuesday marks its third road contest out of its last four games played. Carolina began the stretch at Texas A&M (Feb. 3), before it traveled to Arkansas (Feb. 6) and hosted Florida (Feb. 10).
- The Gamecocks are looking for their first win in the month of February, after suffering five-straight losses dating back to a 70-63 decision vs. then-No. 14 Texas Tech on Jan. 27.
- Graduate student guard Frank Booker led the Gamecocks with 17 points off the bench on Saturday in the loss to Florida. Booker now has 17 games with multiple 3-point baskets this season His 11.3 points per game are second on the team thus far.
- Junior forward Chris Silva matched his career high with five blocked shots in the last outing vs. Florida. He is now 10th all-time in Carolina history with 111 career blocks, and just one block away from matching Renaldo Balkman for ninth place (112).
- South Carolina is 4-5 in away games this season and 2-4 in SEC road games. Those victories have come at Wofford, FIU, Georgia and at then-No. 20/22 Florida.
- South Carolina will hold its annual Legends Weekend in Columbia this upcoming Friday and Saturday, Feb. 16-17. Former Gamecocks will be on hand for the Legends Reception on Friday evening, before being recognized during Saturday’s matchup vs. Auburn. Continue to visit GamecocksOnline.com for details on the weekend’s events.
- South Carolina is 13-12 on the year and 4-8 in SEC contests.
- South Carolina is 4-5 in true road games entering Tuesday’s matchup at Tennessee, and Carolina is 6-7 overall in games played away from home.
- Junior forward Chris Silva paces the Gamecocks with 14.3 points per game. Graduate student guard Frank Booker is the only other Gamecock in double figures at 11.3 points per outing.
- Seven different Carolina players average at least 5.8 points per game.
- In SEC contests, Silva’s 15.7 points per game are a team high.
- The Gamecocks are scoring 66.2 points per game in away games this season and hold a +4.7 rebound margin over opponents.
- South Carolina is fifth in the SEC in scoring defense this season (67.9 ppg), sixth in rebound margin (+4.0) and sixth in turnover margin (+1.5).
- Tennessee is 18-6 overall this season and 8-4 in SEC games.
- UT is 6-1 over its last seven games, including the 70-63 victory over the Gamecocks on Jan. 20.
- Three average double-figure points for the Vols, led by sophomore forward Grant Williams’ 15.9 per game. Admiral Schofield (12.3) and Lamonte Turner (10.7) are also in double figures.
- Turner led UT in the previous matchup vs. Carolina with 25 points, including a 10-of-10 mark at the free throw line.
- Tennessee is 10-2 in homes games this season and 5-1 in SEC home games, with its lone home loss in league action coming against Auburn on Jan. 2.
- Tennessee is tied for second in the SEC in scoring defense (67.2 ppg), is second in free throw percent (75.6%), which is 42nd nationally, third in 3-point field goal percent (38.6%) and second with 16.5 assists per game.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series vs. South Carolina, 43-27.
- The Gamecocks have won three of the last five meetings between the two schools.
- UT holds a 25-9 upperhand in games played in Knoxville.
- Carolina has won two of the last three meetings at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- South Carolina returns to Columbia for two-straight beginning on Saturday when SEC leading Auburn visits Colonial Life Arena. Tip time vs. the 10th-ranked Tigers is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.